Saturday, November 28, 2009

(DOZ - Dancing Ones and Zeros)

It has been a really long time since I've posted anything here. The reason is simple: It's not really the right time for this yet. But anyway, for my own gratification I'll write a little bit. Rather than following the template I set up before, a long time ago, I'll just meander around the final goal and try and work my way outward toward things that non-me people can interpret.

The ideas I'll be presenting are the result of meditating while chanting the hare-krsna maha-mantra. These revelations are the closest thing I've ever experienced to really channeling divinity. I'm going to avoid making this a biographical exploration of what I've gone through to have these thoughts, and just try and present them, as whimsically or as solidly as fate should like.

The first thing I should like to write about is the final goal of this. I should like to see, in this very lifetime, the nagar-sankirtan movement become exceedingly fun and globally absorbing. The DOZ project is meant to serve that end.

What is nagar-sankirtan?


NAGAR basically means city.
SAN means with, as in with each other.
KIRTAN basically means to sing.

So the idea is to sing the maha-mantra, in large groups, and wander through the city. Kind of like a march. It is a protest against the disease of the heart. That disease fills this world with fear, envy, lust and depression, and nagar-sankirtan is supposed to drown everyone in the realest, deepest happiness. What that happiness is, and what it takes to taste it is a large topic. DOZ is one approach at explaining some things. It is not really the ancient approach, but neither is it something really new or untraditional. It's something like a translation of vedanta -- vedanta refers to the ultimate conclusions of all knowledge.

I am not an arrogant person, but I will just go ahead and speak authoritatively, and whether or not you listen to me is entirely up to you, but know that my conviction in what I'm going to express here is based on whatever tiny glimmer of love I've felt for God, at one time or another.

I am not a very advanced mystic either, but I will try to be honest. My intentions are not to cheat anyone, or to get to be at the center of something big, although that would be fine and cool, but rather to look around for some way to do my part in actualizing the global nagar-sankirtan movement, which I think will be awesome.

That is all I'm going to write in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment